Das Brett Balance Board
- supports intuitive, imagination play and exercise for children
- fitness for teens and adults
- Sustainable, plastic free
- Available in range of colours and with/without cork underside
das.Brett supports intuitive, imagination play and exercise for children, and also fitness for teens and adults.
Children will balance, kneel, or lie on the board. They'll turn it into a slide, a bridge, or a pirate ship! The simplicity of the design stimulates their creativity. Waldorf education pioneered using natural materials to stimulate children as they develop...treetrunks were split, hollowed, and made into see-saws - and that is the inspiration for das.Brett.
Teens and adults use it for high- and low-intensity exercise, to improve their agility, endurance, strength, balance and coordination. Each das.Brett comes with a booklet of cardio-vascular, strength, and yoga exercises - you can view this online here.
das.Brett is available in a few variations:
- Colour (natural wood, red, mint).
- Oiled vs lacquered. Choose lacquered if being able to wash it frequently is important, e.g., if using in a childcare facility or outdoors. Lacquered is only available in natural wood colour.
- Cork cladding on the bottom side vs none. Choose cork if you'll be using on a stone/tile/wooden floor. Choose cork if the person using it is frail so wouldn't want it to slide. Choose without cork if you'll be using on carpet and are in good health (being able to make it slide on the carpet is fun and allows for cool moves!).
What it contains: 1 board (86 cm x 28 cm x 19 cm, weight 2.2kg), instructions for use
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - Wood: Sustainable forest in Thuringia, Germany; oils: southern Germany
- Organic? The beech wood is grown without pesticides (but there is no organic certification for forestry, that we know of, yet!)
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - A specialised carpentry in Erzgebirge, Germany
- What's it made from? Natural beechwood made into a 7-ply beech veneer; natural oils that are solvent-free, dermatologically tested, and even foodsafe; natural colours; natural cork
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box, brown paper and cardboard padding only - 100% plastic-free!
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 3+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: European standard for sport devices DIN EN 913
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, we think it's perfect! But let us know what you think!
Care/use instructions: No more than 1 person at a time. Weight limit 120 kg (18 st 12 lbs). Sports equipment, not a toy! Children under the age of 6 must be carefully supervised. Only use on a level surface!