Avo und C ado Wool Wax
- For making wool nappy covers or clothes waterproof again
- Long lasting pot
* 100g wool wax (adeps lanae anhydricus)
* Free from water or pesticides
The Avo&Cado Wool Wax is very simple to use for lanolising wool nappy covers and even covers with fleece. Clothes made from wool, such as cardigans, pants, hats or gloves, can also be lanolised to make them water repellent again.
***Please do not wash and lanolise light and coloured wool items together!
Instructions for lanolising wool covers:
1. For a freshly washed wool cover, add 1/4 teaspoon of pure wool wax with a few drops of dishwashing liquid or baby shampoo to a cup of hot water. Stir the mixture until you have a white liquid and any lumps of wax have dissolved.
2. Pour this liquid solution into appoximately two litres of hot water and stir to mix.
3. Turn the washed wool covers inside out and slide them into the solution. Do not rub or knead the wool cover. Leave the cover to absorb the wool wax and for the water to cool down.
4. Remove the cooled wool cover and spin in the washing machine at a maximum of 500. Alternatively you can press the cover between two towels to remove any excess liquid.
5. Lay out flat and leave to dry. Finished!
If you wish to lanolise a fleece cover, you only need to dip the cover for a short time in the solution. Either directly after the lanolising of a wool cover or using 1/3 of the recommended wax for a wool cover.
From Belgium, filled in Austria.